Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Corporate Advertiser's Definition of Brilliance

Office Max or Office Depot (unsure which) currently runs a radio ad that goes something like this:

"You're the office manager, it's 3pm and most office managers would put off doing any further work until the next day. But not you! Your office needs printer ink, and you order it online, and everyone in the office thinks you have superpowers because you did this. You turned a moment of opportunity into a moment of BRILLIANCE!"


You know when grumpy old people yammer on about the dumbing-down of this country. It's worse, I mean really, this spot is sincere but it reads like a Budweiser "Real Men of Genius" ad, it purposely promotes slackeria, what gives? "Hm. Why am I doing any work after 3:00? According to the radio even the office manager whacks off until 5, is this customary? Is ordering office supplies considered a hefty task? Why, I can do that in my sleep, I must be pretty awesome in this world. I'm...bril =D LIANT!!!" Why would anyone think this commercial is suitable?? WHY????

No comments:

Post a Comment